mmotony Sat 04:27
Dodgeitorelse Fri 12:48

Newest Members

Forums
Gameservers queryport through the firewall
Coroner
Fri Jan 02 2009, 01:19AM
Registered Member #3808
Hello. I have been using LGSL + Blocks on my phpbb2 version .23 hosted forums for a long time now with no problems. I have or HAD four servers planted in a center IM Portal block and also use an iframe to a vBulletin forums as well.

Last week my host restarted their server and dropped my data base hence the forums. They got it back on line but the feed went south so now I have four dead servers sitting at the top of the page. Here's the location http://cscoroner.com/phpBB2/portal.php and here's the vBulletin http://rippersplace.com/forum/index1.php?.

I first posted over on integramod and was directed here. I then read through the forums and found what I thought was the fix to request from my host.

I asked them "to allow my gameservers queryport through the firewall ( UDP not TCP/IP )"

They responded with "kindly please provide us with direct steps how we can reproduce this issue from our end and in case if some specific steps should be taken from our end, please let us know which exactly steps should be taken."

I would like to think that they know what they need to do from my request but obviously not. This is a great mod and I'm so saddened that they broke it and don't have the knowledge to fix it.

Can you PLEASE provide me the steps they need to take to fix this issue?

The game servers are all Halflife2 Counter Strike Source servers. Yhe host is a Windows based server.

Thank you for your time.

--Jim

Edit: I found "Server: 127.0.0.1 via TCP/IP" in phpmyadmin. Is this what they need to change?

Website
Rich
Sat Jan 03 2009, 07:09AM

The steps they need to take is to allow UDP Ports 27015 and 27016 through the firewall.

I dont support the old version of LGSL, but I will happily help you setup latest version of LGSL to work in the same way as the old, which I recommend due to the improvements.

If you are interested let me know.
Website
Coroner
Sat Jan 03 2009, 01:38PM
Registered Member #3808
Thank you for you support. I really didn't think of upgrading because it's worked great for so long. You know the saying, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Well it's broke and these folks are really dragging their feet opening the firewall. Yesterday they asked for the ip addresses of the servers I want opened for feeds. Very disappointing. I've been with these folks for a couple years with no problems until now.

Here's a question about the newest version. Is there a way to resize the servers? On your site the servers appear larger then the ones I have and might stretch the portal box?

I like the look of the newest version so I'll be going that direction once they open the ports and I have a day off. I work in retail and my schedule is bad for the next four days. I like to take my time when I do these things so I can do it wright the first time and not have to worry about them but if I have issues I will take you up on the offer.

My site is a support vehicle for sv_downloadurl and I so decided to install and mod forums. It's the link to the other site that makes this such a pain because that boards more active. I would have installed this there but it was easier to just iframe across the header.

This does get me thinking though. Have you considered putting together an install package for vBulletin? It's a really popular board system. I built Rippersplace.com for a personal friend and I have the license so if you do have a package I would be glad to post it over there for you linking back to here.

Any ways, I'll be back Tuesday or Wednesday with the results of the upgrade providing that my host wakes up and fixes the firewall ports.

Thanks!

Website
Rich
Sat Jan 03 2009, 02:27PM

They are actually the same size, its probably just the theme making it look bigger because of its a dynamic width.

But the new version has many of the commonly requested features in a central lgsl_config.php including:

- Changing the block width.
- Making the blocks go horizontally.
- Using a feed to bypass your hosts firewall blocks.
- Turning off block player names so the height is constant.

When you have the time to give it a go, take a look at the readme, its a bit long, but ill try to help if you get stuck.
Website
Coroner
Sun Jan 04 2009, 08:30AM
Registered Member #3808
Well it appears that my host either doesn't want to open the ports or they have issues of their own. I just read the ticket response and they claim they opened it but the servers are still inactive so I have to move forward with the upgrade this evening. I ran the lgsl_install_sa.sql and that went fine through phpmyadmin. I don't see any instructions for IM Portal however? How will I configure the center block to hold the four servers like I have now?

Website
Rich
Sun Jan 04 2009, 10:05AM

As it looks like you have two different hosts, you contacted the one that runs hosting for cscoroner.com?

Start simple, get the basic LGSL working first:

- In the config, put in the SQL user and pass
- In the config, set ['feed']['method'] to 1
- In the config, set ['admin']['pass']
- Goto the admin.php login with pass, and add your servers, also set the zone for the servers to 1 ( the number dropdown )

View the /lgsl/ folder with your browser and hopefully you should see a list of your servers and their details.

2. Create a block like the old LGSL:

Make a file such as forum_block.php in the /lgsl/ folder and put in the code:

<?php
$lgsl_zone_number = 1;
$output = "";
require "lgsl_files/lgsl_zone.php";
echo "<div style='text-align:center'> $output </div>";
?>

View the forum_block.php with your browser, you should see your servers, but with them going downwards.

In the config, set $lgsl_config['grid'][1] = 4;

Then view the forum_block.php and they should be going horizontally.

Update your iframe to point to the forum_block.php
Website
Anonymous
Sun Jan 04 2009, 10:01PM
Guest I don't see where to ad the gamer servers ip's?
Coroner
Sun Jan 04 2009, 10:09PM
Registered Member #3808
Sorry about the anonymous reply. Thought I was logged in...

I uploaded the files to my phpbb2 root folder (except index.php) after entering the sgl information. I keep getting an error that says "Unknown MySQL Server Host 'codcoro_forums' (11001)" That's the wright db and I have the correct id and password?

I also don't see where I should enter the game server ip addresses?

Website
Coroner
Sun Jan 04 2009, 11:00PM
Registered Member #3808
Guess I'm getting close. No error but now a blank screen?

Website
Coroner
Mon Jan 05 2009, 12:21AM
Registered Member #3808
Still dead ports. These people must be brain dead? Here's their reply from today:

wrote ...
Dear James,

Our administrators opened the access for incoming connections to the following IP addresses through UDP protocol on mysql13:
71.133.1.46:27015
99.7.126.74:27016
76.201.57.88:27015
99.7.126.74:27015
Please ensure they are correct and if there are some others that have to be opened, please provide us detailed information about them. Thank you for cooperation.

wrote ...
Thank you for cooperation.

Get that! Cooperation? Their getting a little twisted with this. This account isn't cheep. It's a business account that has just about every bell and whistle know to man kind but now apparently this.

Shouldn't they be opening it up for the website, not the db? I'm lost at this point.

Here's the look at the moment: http://cscoroner.com/phpbb2/lgsl/forum_block.php

Any ideas what to do at this point?

Website
Coroner
Mon Jan 05 2009, 12:52PM
Registered Member #3808
So here's the latest reply from my host:

wrote ...
Dear James,
Thank you for using our services

I'm sorry, but due to the shared server security reason there is no way to open these ports for anyone, so it is require to be openned for the direct IP address. Please make sure that you have provided use with the correct information such as list of IP addresses, port number, protocol, incoming or outgoing connection and web or mysql server where these ports should be openned.

They insist that the ports are opened? Maybe there's more information they need?

Also, when I hit the map image paths button in the admin.php I get a blank page. These are halflife2 source servers. I only see halflife in the map pack? I imported my halflife2 map folder but still no path?

Website
Rich
Mon Jan 05 2009, 04:37PM

I have PM'ed you a file which will hopefully fix the image paths, the problem is the host is IIS and does not have DOCUMENT_ROOT configured.

The map image paths button will not work until the servers are working as it shows the path for the current map.
Website
Coroner
Tue Jan 06 2009, 03:44AM
Registered Member #3808
I replied to your pm. Hopefully it will help find a solution. The host now insists that the ports are opened and that the issues are on my end, not theirs. Maybe I'm blowing the program with the settings so please have a look and let me know. I made an adjustment or two to get a feel for the config file but at this point I'm leaving all alone until I hear back from you.

Thanks for all you efforts.

Website
Coroner
Tue Jan 06 2009, 02:15PM
Registered Member #3808
Getting close... map image is there... http://cscoroner.com/phpbb2/lgsl/forum_block.php

Guess we wait for the hosts next move.....

Website
Coroner
Wed Jan 07 2009, 04:55PM
Registered Member #3808
You can now close the lid on this one!

I now have the latest version up and running thanks to the tireless efforts of Richard Perry.

You can see the feeds in action here: http://rippersplace.com/forum

I'm gonna show this off over at vBulletin.org so I would suggest an install set up a.s.a.p. because I'm sure there gonna be lots of folks clamoring to get this!

Outstanding work Rich!

Website

Jump:     Back to top

You are not logged in - Click Here To Signup

Username:    Password:   

Mini Buttons

.... © GreyCube.com - Richard Perry - Powered by e107.org